Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Time to Uncover Some Difficulties...

I've encountered my first major difficulty with this project. Namely, my guitar. The guitar is too old, or the strings are too old, for me to get it in tune, so I'm going to have to take it in to a music store to get it fixed. That leaves me with a bit of a problem. Until I have the guitar fixed, I can't practice. To get around that problem, I'm learning chords. Figuring out how the chord tabs work, and how to get my fingers on the board. A couple of weeks in, and I'm still learning chords. Don't worry, songs will come soon!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry your strings were not cooperating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replacing strings isn't difficult - you will save yourself a lot of time and money if you learn to do it yourself early on. Go to the manufacturers website to see how to properly wind the strings depending on the type of guitar and tuners you have. Doing it right will make a huge difference in your intonation - which will make a huge difference in your enthusiasm to play! (Former Mr. Matthys student)

    ReplyDelete